Posts Tagged ‘Pinterest’
Working on Day 11 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge hosted by Boy Oh Boy!
So, 15 of my favorite things:
- My family, of course!!
- My pets – even the rather silly dog and two very bossy guinea pigs (who are often much bossier then any of the four cats – really!). Actually animals in general would be on my list of favorite things since I like almost all of them (sorry spiders you are *not* included on this list – go away!)
- My friends, who put up with me!
- Chocolate – my main nefarious addiction
- Pepsi – the other nefarious addiction (although I also really like Dr. Pepper!)
- Sleeping – one can never have enough sleep IMO!
- Exploring new places and things to do with my kids – I love when we find cool things to do and can add them to our list of experiences, especially those that involve nature and/or animals in some way (see photo below of Mastodon Creek, one of our favorite places to explore).
- Reading – the way I de-stress and relax – another, less nefarious, addiction
- Baking – when I have the time and inclination
- Doing crafty things with the kids – again, when I have the time, but I love that both my kids are creative and imaginative and I like to think that doing crafts with them when they were younger helped with that – well, maybe a bit – LOL
- Pasta – I could eat pasta every day for a very long time, yum!
- History – although mostly pre-WWI history – including historical fiction/mysteries and historical shows/movies (like Downton Abbey!!)
- Surfing the internet (mostly blogs, email and Pinterest)
- Writing real letters (aka snail mail) and postcards – I don’t do it as much as I used to but I do enjoy sending and receiving actual mail that is not a bill or junk. I belong to LEX (The Letter Exchange) for just that reason!
- And, last but not least, listening to my children – whether they are talking to me or their Dad or just playing together or even talking to themselves (they take after me in that regard!) I love to hear their voices, their laughter, their creativity, their imagination – I could do without the bickering but then I remind myself that even that will be missed someday (well, maybe!).
So there you have it – 15 of my Favorite Things – what are some of yours?