A fun interview courtesy of Booking Through Thursday:
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
Anytime is my favorite time to read!
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.
I don’t usually get to eat breakfast, but when I do then yes, I do read during breakfast.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
I’m not actually sure since I read in short bursts in between other activities — maybe an hour or two total.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
I was going to say less because I have kids now, but 10 years ago I was finishing up my degree and had a lot required reading so it is probably about the same.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
No, although I do read pretty quickly.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
To go back in time and make changes — ha!
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
9. What KIND of book?
I used to always carry a paperback in my purse but now that I have an iPhone I can read via Nook and Kindle apps which is great!
10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
I had a library card in elementary school I remember because the librarians wouldn’t let me check out “grown up” books and my grandmother (who raised me) said that was ridiculous since I was an accomplished reader and she had given her ok. So she just let me use her card instead
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
I have several books from the 1800′s that were passed down to me through the family.
12. Do you read in bed?
13. Do you write in your books?
Only if it is a textbook, otherwise I just make notes in my journal if there is something I want to remember, etc.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Just read — that’s what I tell my daughter, crack open a book and read. It doesn’t really matter what it is the act of reading is pleasure enough unto itself!
- Dust Off Your Library Card! (goodreadswithronna.wordpress.com)