Happy Friday Everyone!!!
Last night the kids and I went up to their school for a Literacy Night in celebration of Dr. Suess’s birthday. It was a lot of fun. There were six “bedtime stories” to listen to and then everyone had milk and cookies in the cafeteria.
We only had time to listen to three of the stories but Alex and Mac enjoyed each one.
The last story we listened to was Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss. Alex was familiar with this one but Mac said he had never heard it before. It was very funny as well as poignant in several spots — Horton is such a loyal, devoted elephant!
We didn’t have time to get to the rooms for Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner (a book we read this past winter and the kids really enjoyed), Charlie the Caterpillar by Dom Deluise, and The Bears in the Bed and the Great Big Storm by Paul Bright.
But we had a wonderful time celebrating books and reading and Dr. Suess!
If you have kids, what is one of your kids favorite childrens books? Which one is your favorite from when you were a kid or more recently?
- Happy Birthday Dr. Suess! (thecsmproject.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Seuss Day (sirjohn331.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday Dr. Suess! Read Across America (dsgnmomonline.wordpress.com)
- Happy 107th Birthday Dr. Seuss? (freetech4teachers.com)
- Read Across America (thehappyhousewife.com)
- “Celebrate Dr. Seuss and Read Across America” and related posts (blogs.babble.com)